1. TikTok
One of the most accessible and frequent places I get news from is TikTok. Whether from accounts I already follow or random videos that surface on my feed, TikTok informs and brings awareness to many different topics. On this platform, influencers can voice their opinions, and people can share their own thoughts, comments, and reactions. TikTok is used to raise awareness about many issues, and I like how the videos I see are chosen based on my preferences and the algorithm. Along with small creators and random news outlets, one account that I follow and regularly keep up with on TikTok is People Magazine.
2. The New York Times
The New York Times is an outlet that I have trusted with my news for years. I prefer to catch up on news by reading on my laptop, and The NYT makes this easy by delivering news stories and daily reads straight to my email inbox. I like how their website categorizes its news into different columns, making it easy to read and quickly discover what I am interested in. I most often read articles from the World, Business, and Lifestyle sections, and occasionally Opinion or Wirecutter pieces for fun.
3. Podcasts
Another media outlet where I go for news and Information is podcasts. I enjoy listening to podcasts on long drives or daily walks, so tuning in during these times is a great way for me to catch up on world events and learn about self-improvement. My two most listened-to podcasts include The Mel Robbins Podcast and NPR Politics Podcast. The Mel Robbins Podcast shares personal experiences and conversations with top scientists, authors, and leading educators from around the world. While I would define this as a self-improvement-focused podcast, the stories are backed by science and experience. Alternatively, the NPR Politics Podcast focuses on political updates and stories happening around Washington, ranging from crime rates to press secretaries and the economy.
4. Instagram
Similar to the social media storytelling style of videos on TikTok, I utilize Instagram as a daily news and information source. While Instagram is mainly seen as a platform to post pictures, videos, and stay connected to friends, almost every news channel has an account on Instagram. This makes it easy to catch up on news while scrolling. Some of my favorite informative and quick-read news accounts are So.informed, ACLUnationwide, and Impact.
5. Google
Lastly, whether I am sitting in class or having a quick question on the go, Google is my go-to. Whenever a question pops into my mind that I am not quite sure about, Googling it almost always helps me reach a conclusion. However, it is important to be mindful of the news sources that come up and which you should read and trust.
No comments:
Post a Comment